Thursday 5 July 2012

Dirty stickers :-/


Most of the things about me which are weird I think are normal. I think the rest of the world is weird for being different from me. It’s pretty odd living in a world where you find something unbearable but the rest of the world are cool with it. That’s right, I’m talking about dirty stickers. I hear you…‘what do you mean, why dirty stickers? Why just the dirty ones?’. Well there is irony in my phobia of dirty stickers, because I love clean stickers…(just a warning now this post really might confuse..just think how I feel- I live with this brain that loves clean stickers and hates dirty ones).

Clean stickers brand new from the shop on a nice clean plastic sheet are great, I like them a lot because there are stickers of monkeys and butterflys and fairies and funny animals and all sorts of lovely things that I like. In fact I’ll have you know that I carry around a clean sheet of stickers in my bag such that whenever I might need one I have one…e.g., if a friend is having a bad day I reach into my bag, retrieve a cute sticker (at the moment I have animal ones- so for instance I give said friend a lovely cute koala sticker and walah they are thrilled- and perhaps a tad weirded out), and stickers have made the world a better place on those occasions.

But dirty stickers are different. they make me feel icky. I get the idea that it’s quite comparable to people who hate cotton wool, it’s more of a severe cringe rather than a phobia.
But just think of the horrible unseen germs that are attached to the sticky side of the sticker…eewww, and when they peel around.
The worst are fruit stickers,  I don’t know why- I think it’s because I have to peel them off something I want to eat, and they are reeeaaally sticky.
I hear you shout… ‘but how does this even affect your life!?’ well you’d be surprised…small child relatives…(you know those funny little people who hang around when you visit home) – they like to reuse stickers over and over again (you can detect the dirty ones as they become a cylinder shape, they like to stick them on you and you have to grin and act grateful when really you want to scream get it off me!!! The sticker, not the child.



Then there are the professional situations in which you have to wear a sticker with your name on, if I go for a job interview and am asked to apply a sticker with my name on and I reply ‘Oh no sorry I can’t I’ve got sticker issues’ I think my chances of getting that job might be decreased…in fact those stickers are actually clean and I don’t like them. Oh dear.

So rest of world…why do you all have no problems with stickers?? Or do you, do you just deal with it? Am I a weirdo?

No comments:

Post a Comment